Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Allen Wins Again

“Drink wine. This is life eternal. This, all that youth will give to you. It is the season for wine, roses and drunken friends. Be happy for this moment. This moment…is your life.”

I just wanted to share this great line. A great line quoted in a not-so-great movie: Unfaithful.

I’m no movie critic, and I won’t pretend to be one. But if you are looking for an excellent movie, with an eerily similar plot, watch Woody Allen’s Crimes and Misdemeanors instead. I promise that will be worth your time. As is any Allen film.

Unlike Unfaithful, there are so many great lines in C & M that its nearly impossible to pick just one. But, here you go:

“It’s a fundamental difference in the way we view the world. You see it as harsh and empty of values and pitiless. But I couldn’t go on living if I didn’t think with all my heart there was a real moral structure with real meaning and forgiveness and some kind of higher power…otherwise there is no basis to know how to live.”
- Woody Allen, Crimes and Misdemeanors

No comments:

Post a Comment